Tuesday, February 14, 2023

A Valentine to a Stranger



To Whom it May Concern...

We don't really know each other and though you had no way of knowing it at the time, you gave me hope. Don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean it like that, this is not that kind of Valentine, but I think of you often. 

When we met you were a surprising reminder that my heart could still beat and in a moment, offered a glimpse of a future that looks something like you; stunning, charming, confident, funny, independent and absolutely great at what you do. I'm sure you don't remember our conversation, but I remember it, often, like it was just yesterday. 

Although I'm certain I'm not your type of guy, thats not the point. This is just a thank you; to let you know you do have a secret admirer and though we will likely not meet again, it would be a shame not to at least say it to the universe.

You should know, I left you a small piece of my heart and if in the incredibly remote chance you find it, and yourself, without a Valentine this year, know that I think you are incredible and it cannot be long now before someone discovers how truly amazing you are, and like me, becomes lucky enough to have met a stranger like you. -Joe    

2 comments: