Sunday, April 6, 2014

What Happened? Life. Same As Yours. (I don't blame you if you don't read this)

This is my first post since October of last year-translation- it's a bit longer than it should be. I wouldn't blame you, if you didn't read this. 

I read somewhere that one of the worst mistakes you can make as a writer is to not follow up with your blog regularly, as people will naturally forget about it. Well, considering I am still not sure I am completely comfortable with people regularly wanting to know whats going on in my head, I think I am OK with accidental readership. That being said, if you've read this far, here is "what happened?".  

Life. My life, same as your life, from a big picture perspective, that's what happened. Sav became a licensed driver and now regularly picks up Joseph from school and runs errands to the store for us. She continues to attempt to explain the work she is doing in AP Chemistry and we continue to act like we understand. She recently explained how she was the only one to successfully solve this Chemistry problem by continuing to reduce out the number of molecules in a potassium something. I really appreciated her accomplishment but I wouldn't blame her if she missed it.   


We shared a tragic loss with close friends that touched us all and made us kinder to each other. I became more aware of the passage of time. That's all I can write about that right now. 


I was involved in an accident that totaled our car. I was unhurt, without a scratch, but I am more intentional when saying "goodbye" every time I leave, for any reason. 


My son Joseph demonstrated his courage recently by avoiding a confrontation that could have been more serious than he realized at the time. His courage to make the right choice and face the ridicule of others or bolster his "rep" with the crowd, speaks to his growing maturity. 


I have recently applied for a new job within my company. I have done this type of work in the past and I am sure I can be an asset to that team. However, there are other very talented people who have applied for the same job and the possibility exists that I may not get the job. Then what? Life. That's what. Life is good. There will be other opportunities, though I will likely be disappointed in the moment, I have a good job that I like. Not that I don't really want the position, I do, but on the whole, a good job shouldn't become a bad job, simply because you didn't get a better job. Make sense? This is what I tell myself.      

I have found, I learn when I teach, and I learn when I watch others learn. I offer no special wisdom or insight here, I am only thinking out loud on paper. I usually talk, to think. I don't know that I would follow me, or anything I write. I don't necessarily know where I am going, just my own meandering experience. But I will share what I am thinking as I get to figuring out seems to make life more positive and meaningful for me and mine. Feel free to do the same. I welcome the dialogue. 


I will post more often this year, (but that's what every writer says,) never mind. I wouldn't blame you, if you didn't read this.      

4 comments:

  1. It always amazes me when, unknowingly, someone ends up helping someone else simply with words. I feel that writing is about connecting on the most basic level. Without any emotion (paper does not cry), the reader is able to process the words in a pure form. Yes, it has subject and settings to help it in the correct direction. This allows the reader to let the words reach something within themselves. Making a connection (and why people that love books, cherish the special ones).

    Our lives are completely different, but even with that, events can be the same. And even just a meandering thought, can connect with someone else, sparking a little insight, unknowingly or not. And yes, I did read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm a Promoter of yours. I am encouraged by your comment.

      Delete
  2. Seeing from a different perspective is useful if you are open to that difference. I'm very proud to be one of your followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't all be right, all the time. Thank you mom.

      Delete